It may not be easy to quit, but it helps to have support along the way. Below are some ways to help you succeed in your decision to breathe smoke-free.
Ready to Quit Now?
Call 1-866-NEW-LUNG for free services to help you quit.
Quitting smoking is difficult! Congratulations for taking that important step. Use this craving journal to help you identify times of the day, activities, and/or moods or feelings that trigger your personal cigarette cravings. Finding out what triggers your cigarette craving can make it easier to avoid these types of situations in the future. Download and print this craving journal help keep you on the path to quit smoking for good.Craving Journal▶
If you are pregnant, it is important to quit in order to keep your baby healthy. SmokefreeMOM is a mobile text messaging program that provides 24/7 tips, advice, and encouragement to help pregnant women quit smoking. If you would like to learn more about SmokefreeMOM take a look at the information below.SmokefreeTXT ▶
SmokefreeTXT is a mobile text messaging service designed for adults and young adults across the United States who are trying to quit smoking. The program was created to provide 24/7 encouragement, advice, and tips to help smokers quit smoking and stay quit.
If you would like to sign up, Click Here SmokefreeTXT ▶
1. Set a quit date. Within two weeks from now, choose a week day less stressful, and mark your calendar – i.e., anniversary date to remember for years to come.
2. Keep a smoking diary for a few days. Write down why and when you smoke, as well as what you are feeling every time you light up.
3. Practice the 4 D’s- Delay the urge to smoke by deep breathing, drinking water, doing something else. Most urges last three to five minutes.
4. Place cigarettes in a difficult place, like in the garage or on top of your refrigerator.
5. Smoke with the opposite hand, which will make it awkward to smoke again.
6. Switch to a brand you don’t like.
7. Cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day.
8. Get rid of all your lighters and other items that make smoking easier.
Free Nicotine Patches!
Free nicotine patches for adults 18 and older who complete the FREE quitting tobacco services are now available!
How many cigarettes do you smoke?
It may be helpful to know how many cigarettes you smoke and how much it’s costing you.Find Out How Many ▶